There’s more to bed management than administrative tasks. Völker provides fully automated solutions for supervising, planning and keeping records of your hospital beds. Use your time and resources for tasks that need your personal attention, while you let our reliable bed management system look after your beds.
The paper-based process of coordinating all departments and wards is still common in hospitals today. Compared to a digital approach, this method is significantly more complicated, time-consuming and costly. It is common knowledge that ‘paper-pushing’ paves the way for inefficient practices, a higher chance of mistakes and a heavier workload for hospital staff, especially due to the excessive amount of paperwork involved in keeping records. However, there’s also another key aspect. Nursing staff waste time searching for available medical devices on the wards, and the lack of records relating to the preparation of these devices could put hospitals in difficult legal positions.
To enable reliable, efficient collaboration between nursing staff, medical technologists, cleaning staff and managers, Völker relies on the use of the IoT application HPM® from Clinaris. This enables hospitals to locate their medical devices using modern tracking technology and manage, supervise and keep records of the cleaning processes of this equipment.
The smart digitalisation solution HPM® records the process of preparing medical devices and hospital rooms for use in real time and displays the exact location of expensive medical devices, along with their cleaning status and technical condition.
Benefits at a glance
- Optimised collaboration between hospital employees, including increased safety due to availability of real-time critical process data.
- Less pressure on doctors and nurses due to less time spent walking around, looking for urgently needed medical devices.
- Increased transparency on inventory, technical condition and use of medical devices.
- Potential tracking and breaking of infection chains.
- Digital records of device/room preparation processes improve the legal position of the hospital in the event of a claim.
As an optional feature, customers can order beds fitted with sensors that are pre-configured for the simplinic bed management system. Combined with the IoT cloud, this solution from simplinic provides all key stakeholders in the hospital with intuitive tools to optimise processes and resources. This partnership between Völker and simplinic enables hospitals to benefit from a modern bed management system as soon as they take delivery of their beds.
Benefits at a glance
- Processes coordinated automatically by algorithms.
- Location of key medical devices such as bariatric beds, wheelchairs and infusion pumps, including their real-time location and status.
- Automatic tracking and recording provides a sound basis for process analysis and purchasing decisions.
Would you like to learn more about bed management and its advantages?
We will be happy to advise you!